Is a board role in your future? Are you a sitting board director seeking knowledge and solutions to address the key top challenges facing boards today?
2Go Advisory Group is a staunch advocate for staying current on best practices in governance and board contributions to corporate performance. We know serving as a board director is both an honor and a duty. To support high performing directors and boards, we are proud to be a corporate sponsor for the Board Certification Program provided by Boardwise, Inc. https://boardwise.biz/
This program equips directors with the understanding about their responsibilities, the current and emerging challenges and trends which face them and the fundamental knowledge and skills they need to be capable contributors to public, private and advisory boards. Arm yourself for success with this highly interactive program and secure a level one board certification.
As a sponsor, we are able to invite any of our clients and team members to the opportunity to register and participate at a discount. This is our contribution for any of you who are committed to best governance practices. Below is information about the Boardwise program.
JOIN FOR THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM. The First 2022 PROGRAM STARTS MARCH 4! To register: Click here to learn more
What Graduates Say
“This program prepared me so well for my new role as board director. This program made me confident to do well in my director work.”
“Thank you for your Boardwise training. It’s nothing short of life changing so far! Every session challenges how I think about work, companies and our impact – in a big way!”
“Thanks for the BoardWise course! It was excellent content and great learning for me and I love the guidance and coaching in my board work journey.”
“We just ended our course and I want to say thank you. It was very enriching and also quite validating that I do already have the background to ask the right questions to guide businesses. ”
BOARD PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT
Program Offering Schedule
Spring Session – March 4 to April 29
Summer Session – May 6 to July 1
Early Fall Session – July 8 to Sept 2
Serving as a board director is both an honor and a duty. This program equips directors with the understanding about their responsibilities, the current and emerging challenges and trends which face them and the fundamental knowledge and skills they need to be capable contributors to public, private and advisory boards. Arm yourself for success with this highly interactive program and secure a level one board certification.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM DIFFERENT
Our Board Professional Program is for aspiring and current board members who want to increase their ability to engage meaningfully in discussions of leading-edge topics, ask sharper questions more easily, delve to the core of critical issues and improve proportional impact in a boardroom to create more shareholder value – not just conceptually, but tangibly by helping management think more critically about decisions.
Boardwise offers 9, 2-hour modules of training that span from “welcome to the boardroom” to leading-edge technology application, including AI-Decision Science and Cybersecurity.
Our modules are strikingly different from other programs. Other programs are structured as more lecture-oriented knowledge downloads, often around regulatory and compliance topics to prepare for test-taking or compliance.
In contrast, Boardwise modules offer:
- Guest speakers learn by doing.
- Leading-edge topics such as AI and Decision Science, Cybersecurity, Data and Digitization. The discussion orients to a topic – drawing on life experiences – to understand the concepts and limitations, assumptions that can trap, errors frequently made by management, and sources of success and failure.
- This enables participants to ask sharper questions – questions that help lift management out of the weeds, challenge existing knowledge/assumptions/frameworks and see with new lens/perspectives to avoid wasteful churns and pivots.
- As one person said, it seems “Montessori-style.” Modules and discussions enable knowledge retention and application to empower you in your boardroom.
- Breakout sessions that enable peer-to-peer discussion and immediate
TOPICS AND CONTENT
This program has two components.
INITIAL ORIENTATION – assessment and personal one-one one video call with Boardwise expert
Participants complete an online Board Bona Fide® assessment to establish current board readiness. You have a one-hour private session with a board expert coach to review your profile; discuss what board type is the best match and explore suggestions to achieve your goal to serve well on a board.
GOVERNANCE EDUCATION SESSIONS – live educational sessions online
The live interactive program includes nine sessions, each of which is two hours.
The modules include presentations and interviews with experts on governance and the hot topics which directors must address today, including: governance differences among countries, cybersecurity, risk management and decision-making, artificial intelligence, strategic designs, financial foundations and emerging challenges in digital transformation and diversity.
Each session includes interviews with topic experts, facilitated presentations related to director duties and cares on the topic and experiential board exercises based on real-world situational cases. Cases are used for board simulations and discussion. Homework assignment are provided a week prior to each session for participants to read and prepare.
Governance Session Topics
- FUNDAMENTALS OF BOARD SERVICEGLOBAL GOVERNANCE
- FINANCIAL FOUNDATIONS
- BOARD’S ROLE IN STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: CYBER&BIO SECURITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DECISION-MAKING
- BOARDS AND BIG DECISIONS: ROLE OF BOARDS IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- THE CEO, YOUR BOARD STYLE AND BOARD DYNAMICS
- EXPERT FORUM: SOLUTIONS FOR SPECIFIC CHALLENGES
- PANEL TO ANSWER INDIVIDUAL QUESTIONS AND OFFER GUIDANCE
Why This Program?
Taught by world-class global experts in corporate governance, you will:
- Learn the latest in governance issues and how to manage them;
- Prioritize board roles and responsibilities;
- Understand the economic, legal, reputation and fiduciary responsibilities of directors;
- Feel empowered to ask the right questions and make important decisions
- Understand and improve your effectiveness on a board;
- Learn about best practices for evaluating company financial and strategic performance;
- Improve committee effectiveness and personal director contributions;
- Consider ways to improve board mix, meeting effectiveness, relationships with shareholders and stakeholders and increase overall corporate reputation;
- Compare practices and ideas with director colleagues from other companies who participate;
- Become a more effective, knowledgeable leader in corporate governance.
Join those board directors who understand: board learning is a permanent commitment.
Learn more and register at: https://boardwise.biz/board-certification-program.html